Downloads for this Sermon
Eliot mentioned a couple of PDFs in this sermon which you can download here:
Additional Sermon Content
Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, so that they will see my glory, which you have given me because you loved me before the world’s foundation.
For you are a holy people belonging to the Lord your God. The Lord your God has chosen you to be his own possession out of all the peoples on the face of the earth. The Lord had his heart set on you and chose you, not because you were more numerous than all peoples, for you were the fewest of all peoples. But because the Lord loved you…
No one has greater love than this: to lay down his life for his friends.
How to Abide in Christ's Love
We abide in Christ’s love by seeing his love and by showing his love.
What are Spiritual Disciplines?
Definition: Spiritual Disciplines are biblical practices that Christians use to grow their relationship with God.
The Spiritual Disciplines
- Reading the Word: Hearing God’s voice.
- Mediating: Taking a chunk and reflecting on it.
- Prayer: Pouring our hearts out to God.
- Fasting: Fasting from stuff to get full on Jesus.
- Solitude: Getting alone with God.
- Silence: Getting quiet before God.
- Rest & Recreation: A Day off.
- Corporate worship: Getting together with Christians on Sundays to worship Jesus.
Examples of Prayer From Church History
- Prayer With Hobbies/Chores: Brother Lawrence.
- Prayer Walks: The Celtic Christians.
- Singing our Prayer: African-American Slaves.
- Creative Prayer-Closets: Susannah Wesley.