The following process will be used when individuals wish to join in Covenant Partnership with the River of Grace Church:
Step 1. Such individuals will be asked to participate in a two-stage study covering basic Christian beliefs and what it means to be in Covenant Partnership with the River of Grace Church.
Step 2. One or more Elders will meet with the individual to determine if he/she is in harmony with the requirements of the Covenant Partnership Agreement.
Step 3. The individual will be asked to affirm the Covenant Partnership Agreement including the “We Believe” statement.
Step 4. Those newly coming into Covenant Partnership will be celebrated at the next Congregational Gathering.
Step 5. All those who are in Covenant Partnership will be asked annually to reaffirm their commitment to that relationship. There will be a simple but meaningful way to do this in the fall of each year.
- the Bible to be the infallible and complete Word of God, that it is His holy and inspired Word, and that it is of supreme and final authority
- in one God, eternally existing in three persons — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His death on our behalf on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His soon personal return in power and glory.
- that the Holy Spirit enters the life of each believer at salvation and gives gifts to each for the common good in accordance with God’s sovereign will.
- that all people everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God, and need to come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ through His shed blood on the cross.
- in holy Christian living, and that we must have concern for the hurts and social needs of others.
In light of my desire to be in a covenant relationship with the River of Grace Church I affirm that I:
1. Have personally asked Jesus Christ to forgive my sins and to take over the direction of my life. I have openly acknowledged to others that He is God’s Son and that He came into the world as a human to take upon himself the condemnation I deserve. I believe He has defeated my sin and death and now rules over all things.
2. Am pursuing the disciplines of a follower of Jesus that include Bible study, prayer, and obedience to biblical teachings.
3. Will commit to the River of Grace body of believers through:
Supporting other members of this church.
Participating in group ministries.
Serving through the use of my God-given abilities.
Giving according to biblical teachings.
Sharing the love of Jesus Christ with those not in this church.
4. Willingly submit to the care and leadership of this local church.
5. Should I sense that Jesus is leading me to leave River of Grace for any reason, I will seek
the input and blessing from River of Grace Elders.
In return for the above commitments, I understand the River of Grace Church will endeavor to:
1. Provide a healthy climate conducive to transforming my life through sound, consistent biblical teaching and personal counsel.
2. Provide a community of caring through small group and other ministries.
3. Foster service to each other, our community, and the world.